Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chelsea Flower Show 2012

People come from all over the world to see the Chelsea Flower Show.  I bought the tickets four months in advance.  Weather was as good as it gets in London.

I lasted two hours.  Just not my bag of potting soil.

 I got to the show at 8am on the final day.  Walked right in (Brits are not morning people).  By the time I left at 10, there was a 30-minute line just to get in the front gate.
 Prize-winning Show Garden.  Show Gardens are where professionals set up landscapes with a theme.  They can spend over $400,000 on a display that is up for one week.
 Another show garden.  This one came in second.
 Psychedelic sea creatures
I would have voted for this one
 John Deere booth at the flower show
 People in London don't have lawns
Deere - the Royal lawnmower
What every Londoner needs
 Show garden on a QR Code theme

 Inevitable and unavoidable
I really like this garden of fountains



 This show garden is something like five stories tall.  There's a lift to the top, and a fun slide to get down.
 Royal corgi
those are lions and unicorns, symbols of the royal family
 More corgis
 Lion with a yellow mane
Another show garden

Show garden

Battersea power station












By 10am the crowds were getting too thick for me to bother.  A quick pass through the judging tent, and then on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment